What is the relationship between ink and varnish?
Printing and packaging materials cannot lack ink, and ink can be used to
print patterns and characters on the substrate. The ink includes main components
and auxiliary components, which are uniformly mixed and rolled repeatedly to
form a viscous colloidal fluid. It is composed of pigments, linking materials and
additives. It is used for various printing of books, periodicals, packaging and
decoration, architectural decoration, etc. With the increase of social demand,
the variety and output of ink have also expanded and increased accordingly.
For operators in the printing industry, if the ink has good printability, it can be
put into use as soon as the can lid is opened, which is of course the most convenient
and trouble-free. However, due to the inherent viscosity of the ink when the ink is
manufactured, this viscosity cannot adapt to the needs of different environmental
conditions for different products. In the process of using the ink, it is often necessary
to adjust the ink according to the characteristics of the printed piece, the actual
situation of the working environment, and the production process. Printability
to make necessary adjustments.
Ink viscosity is closely related to the printability of the ink. Appropriate ink viscosity is
the prerequisite for ink to have good printability. Ink viscosity is an inherent property of
the ink itself, which has a decisive impact on the printability of the ink. When the ink is
used on the machine, its viscosity often needs to be adjusted according to
the actual situation. Appropriate adjustments.
In daily printing, increasing or decreasing ink viscosity is a frequent operation.
Varnish is an indispensable auxiliary material in the use of offset printing inks.
Commonly used varnishes are refined and blended with synthetic resins,
dry vegetable oils, and high-boiling kerosene. They are mainly used to adjust
the fluidity of inks. to reduce the viscosity of the ink, the dosage is generally about 3~5%.
The addition of varnish does not affect the gloss and adhesion fastness of the ink,
and has little effect on the dryness of the ink.
- What are the requirements for colorants in inks? 2023-04-28 216
- What are the factors affecting ink oxidative conjunctival drying? 2023-04-28 216
- What factors affect the low adhesion fastness of plastic gravure printing ink? 2023-04-27 223
- What are the advantages of printing glass with a uv flatbed printer? 2023-04-27 102
- How to control the viscosity of water-based ink? 2023-04-26 88
- What are the competitive advantages of uv inks? 2023-04-26 81
- Is the viscosity of water-based ink important? 2023-04-25 102
- What factors determine the shelf life of uv inks? 2023-04-25 93
- Why does water-based ink blur on paper? 2023-04-24 93
- The characteristics of water-based uv ink. 2023-04-24 137
- Where is water-based uv ink applied? 2023-04-21 98
- The development of eco solvent ink. 2023-04-21 99
- Why do inks fade? 2023-04-20 107
- How is water-based uv ink cured? 2023-04-20 129
- What is uv ink and uv printer? 2023-04-19 102
- Which should I choose between digital printing and water-based inkjet ink? 2023-04-19 100
- Is there any difference in quality between uv printing and traditional printing? 2023-04-18 106
- Is ordinary ink suitable for uv flatbed printers? 2023-04-18 104
- How to choose the right uv lamp? 2023-04-14 132
- What happens to solvent-based inks in use? 2023-04-14 107